Tuesday 13 January 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes you need a supper to cleanse the soul as well as to clear the sinus' so you can breathe again. My cold has dragged on and become interminably boring to myself and those around me. However I am now seeing sense, have stopped training, taken a day off work and slept like a log. I did however manage to play in the kitchen long enough to assemble this delightful broth. It was the kind of soup I would hope to find on some street in South East Asia when I get there.

No apologies for lack of authentic flavours, this was just cooking with whatever came to hand.

Serves 2
1/2 Pak Choi sliced
1 red chili chopped
1 red onion sliced
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 piece of ginger finely chopped
Soy sauce
Mirin
1 Pork steak thinly sliced
1 packet of Udon noodles
750ml of chicken stock

First marinade the pork in the ginger, garlic, soy sauce and mirin.
Fry the onions with the chili, once they are done add half the pak choi
Add the pork and the marinade mix and continue to cook until the pork is done
Cook the noodles in the chicken stock

Place the noodles in the bottom of a deep bowl, spoon over the chicken stock and then add the pork, onion and cooked pak choi. Finally add the raw pak choi and serve.

Easy and best of all tasty.

1 comment:

C said...

Oooooooooh, sometimes :)
Erasure in my head now. Thanks.